HAWAI'I HEALTH RESOURCES
- CCMC- Dental Program is an extension of the State's Medicaid dental program administered through the Department of Human Services to help those eligible for Med-QUEST or Medicaid find a dentist to schedule an appointment for yourself or your child.
- Children (20 years old and younger) can receive routine dental care, including exams twice a year, X-rays, regular cleanings, and restorative care such as filings for cavities and preventative care and treatment; benefits do not include orthodontic care.
- Adults (21 years old and above) can receive emergency benefits to control dental plan, infection, or management of trauma, which is limited to extractions and control of pain.
For more information, please contact CCMC via phone, email, or visit website.
Legal Helpline: 808-531-3771
- DVAC is a statewide resource for social service providers, educators, health professionals, therapists, attorneys, employers and civic groups.
- Has a legal helpline.
- Legal representation in family court actions involving divorce, custody, protection orders, post decree and paternity matters.
- Advocacy for individual victims.
- Case management for clients on our civil caseload, victim partners of convicted domestic violence, misdemeanants, and hotline callers in crisis.
- Outreach in civil court for petitioners seeking protection orders.
- Outreach in criminal court for witnesses in abuse cases.
- Advocacy and outreach to teen victims of dating violence.
- Community education and material development.
- Advocacy for system reform.
- Community and Capacity Building.
For more information, please contact DVAC via phone, email, or visit website.
- State of the art mobile dental office, which is owned and operated by the Hamakua-Kohala Health Center
- Assists with exams, x-rays, cleanings, fillings, extractions, root canals, crowns, dentures, partials, bridges, and referrals to specialists
- Schedule rotates between Waimea and Kapaʻau spending approximately three months per location
- Offers Sliding Fee Discount Program dental care to patients living in the Hamakua, Waimea, Kohala, and Waikoloa areas
For more information please contact The Amazing Tooth Bus via phone or visit website.
700 Bishop St., Ste #700, Honolulu, HI 96813
- HDS offers affordable individual and family dental plans.
- Basic plan for adults 19+ starting at $20.50 per month.
- Classic plan for adults 19+ starting at $22.80 per month.
- HDS accepted at most dental providers.
- To find a participating dentist, members can:
- Click on the “Members” tab.
- Click “Find a Participating Dentist”.
- Fill out the information in the “Dentist Search” fields and click “Search” to obtain a listing of participating dentists.
For more information, please contact HDS via phone, email, or visit website.Hawaiʻi Tobacco Quit Line
TOLL - FREE: 1-800-784-8669
- HTQL provides experienced phone-based and web-based Quit Coaches that can help you quit on your own terms
- FREE nicotine patches or gum sent to your home
- Phone calls based on your schedule
- Unlimited toll-free access to Quit Coaches
- An easy to follow Quit Guide
- Interactive tools to track your progress
- Encouraging text messages to help you stay on track
- HDP is an affordable discount dental plan that allows clients to receive quality dental care without added expenses—this is not a form of dental insurance.
- Complete dental care at discounted rates; client will know out-of-pocket expenses ahead of time. Plan options include:
- Single (plan coverage for one person) $199.
- Two-party (plan coverage for two people) $289.
- Family (plan coverage for three or more people) $349
- Membership fees are pre-paid for a twelve month period.
- Only available for use at Hawaiʻi Family Dental Services.
- Enroll online or by phone.
For more information, please contact HDP via phone or visit website.
- MHK is the oldest, private non-profit mental health organization in Hawai'i providing housing, case management, homeless outreach, and psychiatry and counseling services.
- MHK assists people with mental health and related challenges to achieve optimum recovery and functioning in the community.
- Outpatient services
- Residential services
- Safe Haven Program
- Case Management
- Psycho-Social Rehabilitation
- Peer Coaching
For more information, please contact MHK via phone or visit website.
- The HI H.O.P.E.S. Youth Leadership Boards launched the poweredtil26 campaign as a statewide outreach effort to inform former foster youth about their eligibility for free Medicaid coverage until age 26.
- Why is this important?
- Medical coverage is a necessity and critical for young people to enjoy happy, healthy lives.
- Many young people who experience foster care are at greater risks for exposure to sexual abuse, domestic violence, drug usage and mental health issues, which includes anxiety, depression, and PTSD.
- Obtaining and maintaining medical coverage should be a priority for young people and the adults that work with them, especially as they transition from foster care to adulthood.
To find out if you are eligible, please visit www.poweredtil26.org
- The mission of the TB Control Program is to reduce the incidence of tuberculosis in the state by providing effective prevention, detection, treatment, and educational services.
For persons needing a single TST:
- The entire testing process takes a minimum of 2 calendar days
- After your TST is administered, you must return to the same DOH TB testing location within 48-72 hours to have your TST read.
For persons needing a two-step TST:
- The entire process takes a minimum of 9 calendar days
- You will receive a total of two TST's
- If your first TST is negative, a second TST is administered 1-3 weeks later
- Please bring a form of picture identification to the DOH TB testing location
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- To save time, fill out the TB Registration Form and bring it with you
For more information, please visit website.