‘A‘ohe hana nui ke alu ‘ia.
No task is too big when done together by all.


Boys and Girls Club of Maui (BGCM)
  • Offers guidance-oriented character development programs six days a week for youth 9-17 years old
  • Key programs emphasize character and leadership development, education, technology and career development,  health and life skills, arts, sports, fitness, and recreation programs and volunteer opportunities
Annual membership is $5 per year at each location:
  • Central Maui Clubhouse, 100 Kanaloa Ave., Kahului, HI 96732 (242-4363, ext. 229)
  • Haiku Clubhouse, 2830 Hana Highway, Haiku, HI 96708 (575-9024)
  • Kahekili Terrace Clubhouse, 2015 Holowai Place, Wailuku, HI 96793 (244-4443)
  • Lahaina Clubhouse, 280 Shaw Street, Lahaina, HI 96761 (667-9314)
  • Makawao Clubhouse, 931-A Makawao Ave., Makawao, HI 96768 (696-2754)
  • Paukukalo Clubhouse, 657 Kaumualii St., Wailuku, HI 96793 (760-5050)
Family Programs Hawaiʻi (FPH) Youth Empowerment and Success (YES) Hawaiʻi Program
100 Kanaloa Avenue, Kahului, HI 96732
  • Serves youth between the ages of 14-26 that are currently or formerly involved in the Child Welfare Services (CWS) system
  • Designed to engage youth in meaningful and supportive events and activities, prepare youth for adulthood, expand their supportive network, and build confidence and a feeling of empowerment
  • Services include: outreach and support, peer mentoring, events and activities, leadership and skill building training, and social media and electronic communication training
  • Contact Maui YES Hawaiʻi Event Coordinator Rosie Amico (446-1484) (
Hawai‘i Foster Youth Coalition (HFYC)
  • Youth-led organization that advocates for youth transitioning in and out of foster care as well as displaced youth who do not live with their biological parents
  • Offers workshops, training, mentoring groups, leadership opportunities, and career and college preparation
  • Provides a peer support system where the youth are able to make new friends and participate in fun activities and events
  • Youth drop-in center has games, movies, books, board games, computer lab, etc. for youth to utilize
  • Contact HFYC Executive Director Cynthia White (545-5683) (
Maui Family Support Services (MFSS), Teen Services and Support
1844 Wili Pā Loop, Wailuku, HI 96793
  • Provides teens in the Department of Education (DOE) school system skills and confidence to achieve their goals through the Botvin LifeSkills Training (LST)
  • LST is a research-validated substance abuse prevention program to reduce the risks of alcohol, tobacco, drug abuse, and violence by targeting social and psychological factors
Pāʻia Youth & Cultural Center (PYCC)
28 Hana Highway, Pāʻia, HI 96779
  • Located on the Pa;ia Bay beach,  PYCC membership is FREE and open to youth between 9-21 years of age
  • Offers programs, computer and media lab, life skills training opportunities, the Stonewave Sk8park, and Drop-In Center
  • Drop-in center is filled with fun things to do like listen to music, movie nights on Fridays, play games, art projects, and other activities such as pool, basketball, yoga, cooking classes, etc.
  • Offers support services to youth including basic counseling services, referrals to community resources, mediation and mentoring, skills training, and homework assistance


Certified Copy of Birth Certificate: Department of Health
1250 Punchbowl St., Rm. 103, Honolulu, HI 96813
  • $10 for the first copy; $4 for each additional copy of the same certificate ordered simultaneously; $2.50 Portal Administration fee; total cost to order is $12.50 total
  • All birth certificates must be ordered online through the State of Hawaiʻi DOH Vital Documents website (
  • Name on credit card must match applicant’s name

Credit Report
  • Can request one free credit check every 12 months
  • Credit reports do not include FICO credit scores
Free Credit Check Resources:

Driver’s License
LANAʻI: 309 Seventh Street #101, Lāna’i City, Lāna’i, HI 96763 (565-7878)  
MAUI: Maui Mall Shopping Center, 70 East Kaʻahumanu Avenue, Suite A-17, Kahului, HI 96732 (270-7363)
MOLOKAʻI: Mitchell Pauole Center, 100 Ailoa Street, Kaunakakai, Molokaʻi, HI 96748 (553-3430)
For youth under the age of 18:
  • Must complete driver’s education from a certified instructor
  • Must hold an instruction permit for at least 180 days (six months) before taking the road test
  • Youth in Legal Guardianship or Adopted must get application signed by their Legal Guardian
  • Youth in Foster Custody or Permanent Custody must:
  • Get the application from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and inform them of foster care status
  • Youth must turn the form in to their CWS SW to get it signed / approved by the CWS Section Administrator
  • Youth’s CWS SW will return the application to the youth to present back to the DMV
  • Cost is $40 cash
  • All applicants need completed application, certified copy of birth certificate, original (non-laminated) social security card, and two documents verifying proof of principal address (e.g., pay stubs, bank statement, utility bill, W-2, etc.)
  • To take the road test, call beginning at 8 am at least one business day in advance to schedule an appointment
Income Taxes: Federal (1040 EZ) and State (N-11)
  • Goodwill Industries of Hawaiʻi and Legal Aid Society of Hawaiʻi Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Programs will complete taxes for anyone earning less than $50,000 per year
  • File taxes online for free at
  • Turbo Tax ( gives step-by-step help to complete and submit taxes online with help from experienced tax professionals
Med-QUEST Medical Insurance Card
MAUI: 2145 Wells Street, Suite 103, Wailuku, HI  96793 (243-5780) (FAX 243-5788)
MOLOKAʻI: State Civic Center, 65 Makaena St., Rm. 110, Kaunakakai, HI 96748 (553-1758)
  • Free medical coverage for former foster youth up to age 26, who have aged out of DHS foster care in Hawaiʻi or placed under Legal Guardianship or Adopted from CWS after age 16
  • Need to reapply by 18th birthday regardless of legal status
  • Full dental coverage through Medicaid Fee-For-Service program provided for persons under age 21; only emergency coverage is available for persons 21 and older

Office of Hawaiian Affairs (OHA) Hawaiian Registry Program (HRP) Card
LANAʻI: P.O. Box 631413, Lāna’i City, Lāna’i, HI 96763 (565-7930)  
MAUI: 33 Lono Ave., Suite 480, Kahului, HI 96732 (873-3364)
MOLOKAʻI: P.O. Box 1717, Kaunakakai, Molokaʻi, HI 96748 (560-3611)
  • Free photo ID card that confirms Hawaiian Ancestry to apply for OHA programs such as loans, grants, and scholarships
  • Must submit (can submit in-person, mail, or e-mail):
  • Completed and signed application form
  • Photocopy of applicant’s birth certificate stating Hawaiian ancestry through biological parentage
  • Photocopy of a photo ID of the applicant
  • Color photograph, which will be used on the OHA card
  • Renewal of ancestry verification is required every five years
Register to Vote
  • Law allows 16 year olds to pre-register to vote, but must be 18 years old by election day to vote
  • Need current Hawaiʻi Driver’s License or Hawaiʻi State ID card and social security number to register to vote
  • Can register to vote by mail or online
Register for Selective Service
  • Young men 18 through 25 years of age are required to register with Selective Service
  • Can register at any United States Post Office, online at, or through completing the FAFSA application
  • Young men that do not register by their 26th birthday will not be eligible for any Federal benefits and jobs
Social Security Card: Social Security Administration (SSA)
Toll Free (1-800-772-1213)
  • One Main Plaza, Ste. #125, Wailuku, HI 96793
  • Open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
  • Free; need proof of age (birth certificate), identity (picture ID), and completed application form (SS-5)
State ID: Department of Transportation, Driver’s Licensing Division
LANAʻI: 309 Seventh Street #101, Lāna’i City, Lāna’i, HI 96763 (565-7878)  
MAUI: Maui Mall Shopping Center, 70 East Kaʻahumanu Avenue, Suite A-17, Kahului, HI 96732 (270-7363)
MOLOKAʻI: Mitchell Pauole Center, 100 Ailoa Street, Kaunakakai, Molokaʻi, HI 96748 (553-3430)
  • Open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 2:00pm
  • Cost is $40 cash for an eight year ID; $5 cash for one year ID
  • All applicants need completed application, certified copy of birth certificate, original (non-laminated) social security card, and two documents verifying proof of principal address (e.g., pay stubs, bank statement, utility bill, W-2, etc.)
Three generations of birth certificates to prove Native Hawaiian Ancestry; register through Kamehameha Schools’ Hoʻoulu Hawaiian Data Center
MAUI: Kamehameha Schools Maui, Educational Support Services, 275 ‘A‘apueo Parkway, Pukalani, HI 96768 (572-3133)
MOLOKAʻI: Molokaʻi Neighbor Island Regional Resource Center, 612 Mauna Loa Hwy., Kūlana ʻŌiwi Complex, Kalamaʻula (553-3673)
  • Open Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:15pm
  • For adoptions, ONE of the following additional documents are required:
  • Letter of Non-Identifying Information of Racial Extraction of Biological Parents (LRE) shows ancestry of biological parents without revealing identity obtained from the Family Court in which the adoption occurred; OR
  • Adoption decree or court order identifying biological Hawaiian parents; OR
  • Pre-adoption birth certificate identifying biological parents along with post-adoption birth certificate
  • If birth certificates of the biological ancestors are not available, then an LRE should be submitted instead
  • Contact information for the Hawaiʻi Family Courts: (
  • If a biological sibling is registered in the Hoʻoulu Hawaiian Data Center and share Hawaiian ancestral parent(s), submitting a birth certificate verifying relationship to registered sibling will satisfy application requirements